2008 - 2024 | 16 years GrueneSmoothies.com - the original
Favorite food dehydrator!
Finally a food dehydrator that works as quietly as possible, finds a place in every kitchen with its compact dimensions and simply looks good! This is exactly the case with the design-awarded Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5infrared dehydrator CI IR D5. Plus: Thanks to the infrared technology, dried tomatoes, kale chips & Co. not only taste more aromatic and intense, but succeed with a maximum of nutrients and vital substances. As if kissed by the sun!
- Very quiet: Thanks to infrared technology, the CI IR D5 is much quieter than other dehydrators. This also makes it ideal for open kitchens.
- More nutrients, more flavor: The nutrient-preserving infrared technology can be tasted! Whether apple rings, dried tomatoes or kale chips - everything that comes out of the CI IR D5 has more flavor.
- Design-awarded & compact: Awarded with the Red dot Design Award, the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 scores not only with a modern design, but also with compact dimensions. Even in small kitchens this dehydrator finds its place.
- Powerful: The Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 has convinced us with very uniform and fast drying results.
- Replaceable air filter: The Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 has a replaceable air filter. This ensures that only air that has been previously cleaned comes into contact with the food to be dried.
- Preparation possibilities
- Operation & Handling
- Recommended accessories
- Technical data
- Scope of delivery
- Questions and answers
Preparation possibilities with the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5
The Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 is a powerful device for uniform drying of fruit, vegetables, (wild) herbs, soaked nuts or mushrooms.
The special feature: The CI IR D5 dries the dried goods via infrared waves and heats them from the inside. This method is similar to traditional sun drying and is more efficient than air drying alone.
On 5 slots or half a square meter you can dry and dehydrate everything your culinary heart desires! The temperature setting, which is accurate to the degree, enables precise work in the raw food sector below 42 degrees.
For preparations that require higher temperatures, up to 70 degrees are available. The following popular preparations are possible, among others:
- All types of fruit rings and fruit chips - e. G. apple rings and apple chips
- All kinds of delicious vegetable chips - e. G. kale or savoy cabbage chips
- All kinds of fruit leathers
- Dried bananas whole
- Dried tomatoes
- Perfectly dried, highly aromatic mushrooms
- Granola preparations
- Crispy dried capers as little gourmet kicks
- Doughs for raw food pizza
- Raw food crackers
- Dried garlic or ginger for seasoning
You can also use the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 to keep food warm or to ripen avocados.
Operation & handling of the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5
Before the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 can be put into operation, the switch on the back of the device must first be switched on. When the appliance is ready for use, the symbols on the control panel light up and the temperature and time display flash. Now the food dehydrator can be filled - a total of 5 slots are available. Depending on the height of the food to be dehydrated, the slots can also be removed if necessary. The Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 can now be operated in two modes using the clear control panel with central rotary switch in the middle:
To set the drying time and temperature manually, manual mode is selected to the left of the rotary switch. To the right of the rotary switch is the knob for selecting the setting of the drying time and drying temperature. Both inputs are set by turning the central rotary switch. The drying process is then started by pressing the rotary knob. A drying time of 1 to 99 hours is available; the drying temperature can be set between 35 and 70 degrees. The drying process stops automatically when the set drying time has elapsed.
In addition to the manual mode, an automatic program is also available, which automatically determines and sets the required time and temperature for the particular item to be dried using moisture detection sensors. To do this, select the auto mode to the left of the rotary knob and start the drying process by pressing the rotary switch. The drying process stops automatically when an appropriate degree of dryness is reached.
Hint: Unfortunately, the automatic program does not work in the raw food area.
Selection of sun or shade mode:
You can then choose whether you want to dry your dried goods with infrared waves, which is similar to drying with sunlight. Or, as with conventional dehydrators without infrared technology, you can choose to use the shadow mode - i. e. the dehydrated food is only dried with warm air. The switch for setting the sun and shade mode is located to the left of the central rotary switch with the inscription MODE. If the lamp shows a yellow light and the sun image is lit, the dehydrator is in sun mode. If the lamp shows a blue light and the cloud image is lit, the shade mode is activated. While the appliance is in operation, the mode can be changed by pressing the MODE key.
Stopping the food dehydrator during operation
The drying process can be stopped at any time by pressing the central rotary switch.
Remove dehydrated material
Since the trays can still be very hot, it is best to use the supplied silicone gloves when removing them.
For the complete Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 Instruction Manual »
Cleaning the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5
It is best to clean the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 - i. e. Stainless steel slots, the crumb tray and the inside of the dehydrator - directly after use. This prevents unwanted bacterial growth due to food residues.
Before you start cleaning, switch off the food dehydrator completely by pressing the main switch on the back. The stainless steel shelves and the crumb tray are best cleaned in the sink with warm water, a little detergent if necessary and a cleaning brush. The interior and exterior of the appliance can be cleaned with a damp cloth and, if necessary, treated with a mild detergent.
Silicone dehydrator sheet for infrared dehydrator CI IR D5
The must-have for making crackers, pizza dough, or fruit leather: The silicone dehydrating sheet for the infrared dehydrator CI IR D5. With this, the dehydrating ingredients will definitely not stick!
Air filter replacement for infrared dehydrator CI IR D5
If you use the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 regularly, you should replace the air filter every 3 months.
The perfect cleaning brush for cleaning the slots and crumb tray:
Technical data of the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5
- Model: Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5
- Dimensions (height x width x depth): 28.2 cm x 46.3 cm x 40 cm
- Dehydrating surface: 0,51 m²
- Temperature range: 35-70 degrees
- Weight: 8 kg
- Power: 230 V / 500 W
- Material: Housing and crumb tray made of BPA-free plastic; interior door and 5 slots made of stainless steel
Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5 Scope of delivery:
- Drying cabinet
- 5 stainless steel slots
- Crumb tray
- 1 pair of silicone gloves
- replaceable air filter (built-in)
- Instruction manual
Warranty of the Infrared Food Dehydrator CI IR D5
For purely private use:
- 5 years