High quality water dispenser made of glass and bamboo!
Glass, bamboo and stainless steel make this water dispenser a feel-good object for your home or the office. The glass water dispenser from Lotus Vita not only looks good, but also provides you with large quantities of high-quality drinking water. The 4-stage Lotus Vita filter system not only reduces the amount of limescale, heavy metals or pesticides from tap water, but also remineralizes it at the same time. Result: The water tastes wonderfully soft!
- Which pollutants are filtered out of the tap water?
- How does the filtered water taste?
- Who should have a Lotus Vita glass water dispenser?
- Getting started with the water dispenser
- Filter cartridge and operating costs
- Recommended accessories
- Technical specification
- Scope of delivery
Which pollutants are filtered out of the tap water?
The multi-level Lotus-Vita filter system consists of 4 stages. High-performance activated carbon filters and ion exchangers filter limescale, pollutants, heavy metals, pharmaceutical residues and pesticides out of the tap water during the first 3 filtration stages. Among others, the following substances are filtered out:
- Pesticides such as atrazine or hexazinone, each at 99.9 %
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen or diclofenac at 99.9 %
- Heavy metals such as lead at 96.9 %, copper at 99.3 %, mercury at 99.3 % or nickel at 97.7 %
- Hormone-containing drugs such as the contraceptive pill or antibiotics at 64.2 %
The complete test report on the reduction capacity of the Lotus-Vita water filter system/cartridges is available here (PDF download).
In the fourth phase, the filtered tap water is remineralised with the help of bioactive ceramics.
How does the filtered water taste?
In addition to pollutant reduction, the fourth phase of the Lotus-Vita water filtration system uses bio-active ceramics (including magnesium, calcium, tourmaline, quartz sand and effective microorganisms) to re-mineralize the filtered water. Result: The pH value of the water shifts - a slightly alkaline, very soft taste is created.
Who should have a Lotus Vita glass water dispenser?
If you drink a lot of water and value a water dispenser made of high-quality materials with as little plastic as possible, this beautiful water dispenser is made for you. However, there are more features that point out why the water dispenser is worth its money:
- Plastic reduction: With the exception of the filler hopper and the filter cartridge, all other components of the water dispenser are made from glass, bamboo or stainless steel.
- Larger families and offices: The Lotus Vita's glass water dispenser is designed to filter 4-16 liters of water daily. Perfect for larger families or offices.
- Alkaline, soft water: The glass water tank not only filters but also remineralises the water with the help of bio-active ceramics. This creates alkaline water with a pleasant soft taste.
- Works without water installation: The glass water dispenser is simply assembled and filled with tap water. Perfect for those who want high quality drinking water, but do not have the facilities for a built-in water filter.
Getting started with the water dispenser
The glass and bamboo water dispenser is easily assembled - check out the manufacturer's video below:
It is important to rinse the filtration cartridge and the limescale pad, under running water, before using them. Lotus Vita shows how this is done in the following video. The video also shows how to attach the filtration cartridge to the filling hopper. The demonstration was filmed with a water filter jug, which is equipped with the same Lotus Vita filter system as the large glass water dispenser and can therefore be transferred 1:1
Filter cartridge and operating costs
The water dispenser is operated with filtration cartridges and limescale filter pads.
The filters must be replaced at the following intervals:
- Filter cartridge: after 2-3 months at approx. 8 liters per day
- Lime filter: after approx. 3-8 weeks, depending on the hardness of the tap water
The operating costs add up to approximately:
14 € per month or 0,43 € per day
If the annual set is purchased, the costs are slightly lower:
12 € per month or 0,40 € per day
Lotus filter cartridge
The compatible filter cartridge can be purchased either individually or as an annual set.
Lotus lime filter pad
The Lotus lime filter is also offered as an annual package:
- Material: Glass vessel made of glass, lid made of bamboo, and filling hopper made of BPA-free plastic
- Dimensions: Approx. 43 cm height; approx. 28 width from rear stand to water tap
- Filtration rate: 2-4 minutes per liter
- Volume: Filling hopper 2.9 liters - filtered water reservoir 4 liters - total glass vessel with 9 liters
- Base with three legs, lid, cover made of real bamboo
- Stainless steel faucet
- Glass vessel
- Filling hopper
- 1x Lotus Vita filter cartridge
- 2x lime filter pad
- Lime filter cover
Scope of delivery
Questions & Answers about the ProductAsk a question
Total 3 question(s)
Are the water filters only suitable for tap water or also for water from a source?
Thank you for your message.
The Lotus water filters were developed exclusively for the filtration of tap water.
All the best,
Your GrueneSmoothies.com Team
My question is: How often do you change the crystals? Are these included in the scope of delivery?
thank you very much for your question.
The gemstones are not included. However, they are a one-time investment. It is a good idea to clean the crystals and let them dry in the sun to energize them – during the regular filter cartridge change,
We recommend to always pour water in immediately after you have removed some, the lime filter should always be slightly covered with water. This prevents the filter from drying out.
Your GrueneSmoothies.com team
Is this the Fontana Mini 5l filter system that can also be seen on the Lotus Vita website? It looks different. Is the stage 1 ceramic filter also included?
Thank you very much!
With kind regards.
Thank you very much for your message.
The water filter in our online store is part of the “Lotus Natura Plus” series.
The first filter stage differs to the “Fontana” series.
As you already know, the Fontana series has a ceramic filter, this is well suited to filtering particles and microplastics from tap water.
The Natura series is recommended if you live in a region where the tap water is very hard.
It has a lime filter pad with activated carbon in the first filter stage, this filter performs an ion exchange, which leads to softer water (less lime)
I hope, I was able to answer your questions!:-)
Your GrueneSmoothies.com Team
[5 of 5 Stars]
Very worthwhileFor me, the big one was an upgrade.
I had first bought the small glass carafe, after my whole family liked the taste of the water, it was logical to buy the big one.